The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Bone Kickers - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Bone Kickers (/showthread.php?tid=1001)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Bone Kickers - oldgirl - 12th August 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by BAJR Host

Ot the heartwarming comedy with Mike Meyers and Eddie Murphy playing a couple of diggers trying to rectify a glaring error in a context record sheet, and the hysterical antics as they try to convince the Project Officer to let them have the site pencil rubber...

"I don't have an archaeological imagination.."
Borekickers

Yes, oh the fun to be had with americans when using the word 'rubber'......

(Glad I wasn't completely imagining the review on R4. It was very supportive of the program.)

Ah, the joys of double entry book keeping - far more relevant to archaeology than the world of accounting now, no-one seems to do it anymore!

Bone Kickers - BAJR Host - 12th August 2008

Its a shame that Mike did not return.. his input and reasons for liking the programme would have been welcome, its nice to have a balance....given the honest opinions previously given.

Borekickers

Bone Kickers - oldgirl - 12th August 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by BAJR Host

Its a shame that Mike did not return.. his input and reasons for liking the programme would have been welcome, its nice to have a balance....given the honest opinions previously given.

Borekickers

I agree - maybe it's your footer quote...... [:p]

In the meantime though, I think it would be untrue for me to say I don't like the programme. Actually, taken as a bit of tv drama, it's OK. I almost never watch TV at all, so it's done pretty well by getting me to watch. I just don't think it's that accurate to archaeology and the way it's practiced in the commercial sphere in the UK. But hey, like I said before, no TV drama ever is.

(Maybe the last episode will prove to be a dream when someone comes out of the shower, ala Dallas? and they'll all go to site and record tree throws?) [:p]

Bone Kickers - historic building - 12th August 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Sith

On a positive note, maybe archaeology will have taken over from police shows in 20 years time (alternatively, we'll all be watching Double Entry! - swash-buckling adventure on the wide accountant-sea.)

D. Vader
Senior Consultant

Vader Maull & Palpatine
Archaeological Consultants

Don't make me destroy you, Curator

Double entry has probably been used a few times already for non accountant-based drama.

you said it..... i could not possibly comment ... or have seen them

Borekickers

Bone Kickers - angi - 12th August 2008

[:0]

ah.... it looks like er... I can explain ... no... er..

quick... hide

Borekickers

Bone Kickers - mercenary - 12th August 2008

Well, after tonight's showing I'll have watched every episode of this car crash so called drama. I'm not bragging.[:0] The show by itself is every bit as bad as I imagined and hoped for, yet dissapointingly not terribly entertaining. For the record I don't give a fig for it's archaeological accuracy. It's just terribly written, acted, you name it's bad.

[u]But</u>

The programme, combined with this discussion, the Britarch one, the reviews, Mr Horton's defence of the show, and now Mike Pitts wading in. WOW. great entertainment. :face-approve:

Gin ready...
Wine ready
Cider ready

I may even enjoy this..

Any more defence - its like saying... Chariot of the Gods... I think it is a seminal textbook of human evolution and early civilisation - its the defences I find the most entertaining. How very dare we..

Borekickers

I weep... I weep with frustration. if this had been Torchwood or Dr Who.. I would have just not watched it... this was not even as accurate as the Bill or Holby... it was not even good fantasy.. it was just bad.. bad. bad bad

My one great chuckle was the consultant - called Scott Wilson (shurely shome mishtake)

the detectorists in a booble hat (oops freudian bonekicker slip) !
the sword that breaks... ah well... best drown meself!
trading excaliber?
hiding boxes under a tKMax carpet ?
hiding anything under the floor of a nursing home... er... how...
could I go on?

No... in the words of Magwump

This ends here!

now.. back to the reality ....... you don't see that much in the media?

Borekickers