The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Bone Kickers. Post viewing comments - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Bone Kickers. Post viewing comments (/showthread.php?tid=1012)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Bone Kickers. Post viewing comments - BAJR Host - 11th July 2008

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ind0807&L=britarch&D=1&T=0&O=D&F=P&S=&P=13436

Mark Horton defends Bonekickers...

remember peeps... its only a game

"No job worth doing was ever done on time or under budget.."
Khufu

Bone Kickers. Post viewing comments - RedEarth - 11th July 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by BAJR Host

Mark Horton defends Bonekickers...

remember peeps... its only a game

Khufu

Excellent response from Mr Horton, with a suitable sense of humour too.

However, I think it's a bit harsh to suggest that the dramatisation of Time Team would be like watching paint dry, there's plenty of drama in it. Some of the characters are a bit unrealistic though, I mean 'gruff west country chap in broad brimmed hat', come on, that's so obviously stolen from Bonekickers! 'Cuddly gent in stripy clothing', clearly borrowed from, erm, Tellytubbies?![hm]

Mark Horton's response adds a whole new level to it now - each week a special behind the scenes guide for anoraks to reveal what went on behind the story, inside the folder so to speak.

Bone Kickers. Post viewing comments - Oxbeast - 11th July 2008

I thought the archaeological bits were pretty good, bit of a laugh and over darmatised, but then it is a drama. However, reality itself was stretched a little too thin when an archaeologist strode into a place where they were giving out free booze, declaiming "one drink and then we're leaving". No archaeologist has ever said this.

Bone Kickers. Post viewing comments - angi - 11th July 2008

It was already this week's resolution to try to watch it without my anorak on [:I]

I think that most people are banging their heads on the table because they can see what is going to happen....... after a decade or so of "Where's Baldrick" we are now going to have people at the Heras fencing wondering why we aren't wearing make up and are, in fact, covered in filth! (We'll get the comments and quotes after prgramme four or so).

Bone Kickers. Post viewing comments - oldgirl - 11th July 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Oxbeast

I thought the archaeological bits were pretty good, bit of a laugh and over darmatised, but then it is a drama. However, reality itself was stretched a little too thin when an archaeologist strode into a place where they were giving out free booze, declaiming "one drink and then we're leaving". No archaeologist has ever said this.

Now that is very true! Big Grin

I finally watched it last night. I certainly laughed a fair bit, although I'm not sure it was entirely where I was supposed to.....

Of course, I had the extra 'anorak' bit with the 'you wouldn't use the scimitar/lonsword' like that. [:I]

Still, it was a good way of shutting my brain down and suspending disbelief for a while. Except for the 'Dolly' character, I swear I've met him..........

was it just me or did he have a breast fixaction?

Khufu

Bone Kickers. Post viewing comments - oldgirl - 11th July 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by BAJR Host

was it just me or did he have a breast fixaction?

Khufu

I don't think it was just you! Big Grin

Like I said, I swear I've met him, possibly more than one of him!

Perhaps the female post-grad character will get one of the t-shirts that has an arrow pointing up from the chest saying 'I'm up here'. [:o)]

I quite liked him though.

GGGGGroan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Khufu

Bone Kickers. Post viewing comments - Gilraen - 11th July 2008

It was rubbish. I wouldn't have minded, but as a TV drama is was pretty naff too, acting and script.

Bone Kickers. Post viewing comments - mercenary - 11th July 2008

Quote:quote:I think that most people are banging their heads on the table because they can see what is going to happen.......

It's already happening. The bit of the contractors's site hut where we sit had a "Bonekickers" sign above it with an arrow and our names. Hilarious. The only bone kicked so far on site was a skull popped when kicked unwittingly by the author of said sign. He thought it was a drain....

Interesting that Mark Horton felt the need to defend the show. My complaints are entirely related to the acting and script. The wooden characters were intentional? Right....[hm]