The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error

BAJR Federation Archaeology
PAS Treasure Report - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: PAS Treasure Report (/showthread.php?tid=1218)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

PAS Treasure Report - voice of reason - 26th November 2008

Let's get real - who is going to prosecute an indvidual because their employer, who has taken clear responsibility via the WSI for observing the Treasure Act, has failed to do it? (Not that there is the slightest evidence they are anyway).

anyone seen any angels, pins and musically-charged Ipods round here?

How about discussing getting back to the real issues? Like how many archaeologists are going to be left in a year's time to find anything, let alone the clear minefuls of gold and silver we are all wilfully failing to report at present?

PAS Treasure Report - Austin Ainsworth - 29th November 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by garybrun

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Austin Ainsworth

Gary, will you also report back here and let us know if detectorists are equally ignorant of the law or is it just archaeologists that you like to bash?
Hi Austin.
In all honesty I'm not bashing archaeologists at all.
The very first question on this thread was a valid one.
When some of the answers show that not many understood the TT act and thought archaeologists where exempt.
Whether detectorists are ignorant of the law shouldn't come into this.
Now there is a very big difference here.. and my point is this.
Professionals should know the law... there really is no excuse for it. Just because I bring it to your attention doesn't mean I'm bashing archaeologist.

Also you don't know me at all.. I am a metal detectorist and I do work hard to have the gospel of recording propagated and to have TT laws obeyed.

Website for responsible Metal Detecting
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk
Recording Our Heritage For Future Generations.

Sorry Gary I'm not buying that,

"Whether detectorists are ignorant of the law shouldn't come into this."

Why not?

you have made many, some veiled , comments about archaeologists lack of knowledge about the TT system and now claim no equal applicability to detectorist's knowledge.

Is there one level of knowledge applicable to archaeologists and another for detectorists? Your message for several months has been that that archaeologists and detectorists represent two sides of the same coin when applied to research in the historic environment, why do you now seek to apply different criteria when applying standards?

There have been a couple of comments from you in this thread with anti-archaeologist comments suffixed with disclaimers that you were only making a joke, it has been my experience that such disclaimers do nothing more than reinforce the original comment as a direct attack and the disclamatory statement at the end of the message is in fact nothing of the sort. Please think about the content of your posts before posting.

[Image: OzinLondon.jpg]