The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
professional standards - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: professional standards (/showthread.php?tid=1275)

Pages: 1 2

professional standards - troll - 11th December 2008

What answer best describes your perception/experience of professional British standards in archaeology?:face-huh:

..knowledge without action is insanity and action without knowledge is vanity..(imam ghazali,ayyuhal-walad)

professional standards - 1man1desk - 12th December 2008

I can't vote on the poll, because I don't agree with any of the answers offered.

My answer would be 'highly inconsistent - varies from very good to poor, depending on the following:
- the individuals and the units responsible for the work;
- the quality and detail of the brief/specification;
- the quality of the monitoring/enforcement of the brief/specification by the curator, consultant or both.'

A bit long for a poll option, perhaps, but that is what it boils down to.

1man1desk

to let, fully furnished

professional standards - gonetopot - 12th December 2008

Entirely dependent on either the individual and/or the budget of the project.

The level of variation even within individual units is huge.

But credit to almost all project managers and directors for attempting to maintain relatively high standards in not always easy circumstances. If corners are cut it usually appears to be because of budgetry reasons.

professional standards - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 12th December 2008

Troll,i've got to admit it was difficult choice between 3-4 and 5.But as you said "your perception/experiance" then it had to be...Wink

professional standards - Austin Ainsworth - 13th December 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by 1man1desk

I can't vote on the poll, because I don't agree with any of the answers offered.

My answer would be 'highly inconsistent - varies from very good to poor, depending on the following:
- the individuals and the units responsible for the work;
- the quality and detail of the brief/specification;
- the quality of the monitoring/enforcement of the brief/specification by the curator, consultant or both.'

A bit long for a poll option, perhaps, but that is what it boils down to.

1man1desk

to let, fully furnished

I have to agree with 1man, the options don't really express my opinions on the subject.

[Image: OzinLondon.jpg]

professional standards - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 15th December 2008

Considering that there has only been 13 votes in 5 days either a lot of people agree with you about the choices or they're too apathetic to bother! such responses on polls make it very difficult to get a consensus of opinion when so few folks bother:face-huh:

professional standards - Curator Kid - 15th December 2008

I'm with 1man1desk and Austin. I don't agree with any of the choices so won't be voting.

professional standards - vulpes - 15th December 2008

Ditto.

professional standards - vulpes - 15th December 2008

Quote:quote:conveniently appalling for the clients benefit

Oh, and further to this. Appalling standards benefit no one in archaeological or planning terms.

professional standards - Paul Belford - 16th December 2008

Agree with 1man, Austin, vulpes et al..

Problems stem from the lack of consistency from place to place and project to project in all four legs of the 'curator-consultant-contractor-client' beast.