The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Knee Pads! on Time Team - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Knee Pads! on Time Team (/showthread.php?tid=1348)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Knee Pads! on Time Team - BAJR Host - 17th January 2009

Have just watched a Time Time (first in a long time) and actually enjoyed it.. getting away from ROman southern England for a change... you don't need a fancy mosaic to have a great dig!

Scargill Castle in Co. Durham. Best bit.. a digger wearing kneepads (you know who you are!) About time we saw this... I have a pair, and wear them, more of us should... it ain't cool to have no kneecaps! and anyway... Judge Dredd wear them!

So to you :face-approve:

"Gie's a Job.."
Prof. 'Dolly' Parton

Knee Pads! on Time Team - chert - 18th January 2009

I used to have a really decent leather pair given to me at Lincoln in 1988 - where it was almost obligatory to wear them. However, the ribbing I got on sites outside Lincoln was murder. Finally in 1992 someone took pity on me and buried them in the spoil heap while my back was turned! I took the hint and never acquired a new pair.

Anyway, I never could figure out how you stopped the spoil getting inside the pads, which was damned uncomfortable, and if sticky enough required you to undo the buckles and trowel it out. But I did love my knee pads while I had them.

Knee Pads! on Time Team - BAJR Host - 19th January 2009

Be not ashamed of your pads... for now there are ones with (yeah verily)......VELCRO! and soft in the pad they are...

my knees love me now... I will laugh at those who hobble from now on!

"Gie's a Job.."
Prof. 'Dolly' Parton

Knee Pads! on Time Team - Wibblehead - 19th January 2009

Agreed!
A sense of self-preservation is nothing to be ashamed of.

A lot of my volunteers are 70 plus and are as capable as anyone else; because they've been clever and used the right tools for the job all their lives.

No point breaking yourself by the time you're 35 or somesuch.

~~~~~
Thunder rolled. ... It rolled a six.

Knee Pads! on Time Team - Bunty - 19th January 2009

Hello
I'm new here and having a wander round the forums...

When I started working here (the Åland Islands) I was issued with a pair of workwear trousers complete with kneepads; I was amazed (at the issuing of the trousers as much as at the kneepads). They were amazed that I was amazed.

Kneepads...wouldn't work without them now Smile

Knee Pads! on Time Team - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 19th January 2009

How well I remember the Lincoln leather kneepads of the 88' campaign! I think mine finally dropped (rotted away) to bits in the mid 90's.
Trousers with built in kneepads? got to be better than legs with no knee-caps Wink

Knee Pads! on Time Team - Windbag - 20th January 2009

I remember with a shudder a story a digging buddy tells of trowelling back an area with a colleague on a site in Ireland. The guy knelt on a stone and promptly burst the synovial membrane. You don't get over that in a hurry.

Knee Pads! on Time Team - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 22nd January 2009

Some of them might have started wearing knee-pads, but when is someone going to insist on following H & S-wearing flash jackets when next to the machine for example?:face-huh:

Knee Pads! on Time Team - Windbag - 22nd January 2009

...err...we do that already round these parts, usually accompanied with steelies and a hardhat

Knee Pads! on Time Team - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 22nd January 2009

I actually meant on Time Team[:I]
Erm..nice avatar by the way Windbag