The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Human Remains- Retention or Reburial? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Human Remains- Retention or Reburial? (/showthread.php?tid=1412)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Human Remains- Retention or Reburial? - kevin wooldridge - 24th February 2009

Dont get me wrong here, but isn't 1 Corinthians the same biblical claptrap that includes:

" Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Seems to me that the state of ones body after death is irrelevant if by any chance you manage to pass that exam!!

[Image: 3216700919_bab3ee7520_t.jpg]

With peace and consolation hath dismist, And calm of mind all passion spent...

Human Remains- Retention or Reburial? - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 24th February 2009

quote "Biblical claptrap"

So much for what I posted on page 8 of 'Druids and Avebury reburial'

Human Remains- Retention or Reburial? - BAJR Host - 24th February 2009

I am sure Jesus held his head in his hands when a religion of love, forgiveness and openess started producing subclauses and rules!

I like the list... and have attempted most Smile[:p]

?When a sinister person means to be your enemy, they always start by trying to become your friend.?
William Blake

Human Remains- Retention or Reburial? - kevin wooldridge - 28th February 2009

An interesting story I read in an Australian newspaper this morning.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2009/02/28/54161_gold-coast-top-story.html

It made me wonder. Rather than pay for an expensive funeral and funeral trappings wouldn't the ulitmate 'passing shot' for an archaeologist be to leave GPS co-ordinates of your burial location along with details of your DNA profile.

Think of the potential for future archaeologists...

[Image: 3216700919_bab3ee7520_t.jpg]

With peace and consolation hath dismist, And calm of mind all passion spent...

Human Remains- Retention or Reburial? - trowelmonkey - 28th February 2009

Quote:quote:Originally posted by kevin wooldridge

An interesting story I read in an Australian newspaper this morning.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2009/02/28/54161_gold-coast-top-story.html

It made me wonder. Rather than pay for an expensive funeral and funeral trappings wouldn't the ulitmate 'passing shot' for an archaeologist be to leave GPS co-ordinates of your burial location along with details of your DNA profile.

Think of the potential for future archaeologists...

The very top paragraph of my Will contains a GPS coordinate. It remains to be seen whether anyone will humour me when the day comes!

Human Remains- Retention or Reburial? - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 8th March 2009

I wonder, how much will it cost to pay for your own DNA profile? I imagine it would be out of the reach of most people.

Human Remains- Retention or Reburial? - trowelmonkey - 8th March 2009

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Dirty Dave Lincoln

I wonder, how much will it cost to pay for your own DNA profile? I imagine it would be out of the reach of most people.

Speaking to geneticist friends of mine the price is coming down. Imagine, one day you might have your DNA profile lazer engraved on an engagement ring to be presented your beloved who will speedily send it off to have it analysed worried that your penchant for muck might be heritable Big Grin

Ed for grammatical ineptitude

Human Remains- Retention or Reburial? - Bier Keller - 8th March 2009

I have just back from a trip to lovely Regensburg. The sausages were great but the Danube was a kind of turd-brown colour, not the sort of blue colour I expected. Anyway, I visited the ace cathedral there and was interested to see this inscription in the crypt "Here lay the remains of 257 (or so) people from the c13/14th. Discovered in archaeological works in the cathedral in 1983" (or sometime thereabouts).

I would not like to comment on whether I think that was a good or bad idea (I am tired and want to go to bed) but it certainly made me think. I can't think of anywhere else (in modern times anyway) that has seen the reburial of so many individuals. Just thought I would share it with you. Nighty night

Beer is your friend

Human Remains- Retention or Reburial? - Ken Denham - 9th March 2009

Heard owt off Sheep lately Taff?

Human Remains- Retention or Reburial? - Curator Kid - 9th March 2009

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Dirty Dave Lincoln

I imagine that fairly soon it will be free - the Government will simply require it to be done at birth so they can stick the info on another one of their snooping databases. :face-huh: