The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
BAJR conference 2006 papers/sessions - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: BAJR conference 2006 papers/sessions (/showthread.php?tid=1921)

Pages: 1 2

BAJR conference 2006 papers/sessions - Troll - 14th June 2005

I hope to gain some positive feedback here so bear with me...
What would you like to see as session topics at the forthcoming conference? To wet your whistle:
1. The treatment of Human remains under ppg 16
2. The unarmed curator-what`s the point?
3. Your heritage in their hands: commerce dictates standards
4. The IFA- just what do they do?
5. What would you do with Tony Robinson in just 3 days?
6. Archaeology-a career in ruins?
7. Towards an accountable profession for the 21st Century
8. Who needs a consultant?
9. An alternative to ppg 16
10. APPAG recommendations-whats the point?
11. Health and safety
12. Terms and conditions of employment
13. off for a fag-your turn.....Wink

BAJR conference 2006 papers/sessions - Venutius - 15th June 2005

Might I suggest the conference includes Ireland? The comparison would be very good. Also I think it should avoid too much finger pointing regarding the past - how about looking at some positive futures?

Save the Thornborough Henge Complex - http://www.timewatch.org

BAJR conference 2006 papers/sessions - troll - 15th June 2005

No problems with that- I do find however that when re-decorating, a much better finish is achieved if one removes the wallpaper before painting the wall. Painting over cracks is pointless and temporary!Big Grin

BAJR conference 2006 papers/sessions - drpeterwardle - 15th June 2005

I think such a conference needs to be more focussed. 12 sessions 1 hour each this will be a long event.

There are other forums for discussing standards and timeteam. I would suggest concentrating on pay and conditions and why these have if anything got worse over the last 20 years.

How about an afternoon:

Pay and conditions can they ever be improved? Why are diggers so unhappy about their job.

Introduction David C
Digger 1 - What in reality the pay and conditions are and what are the worst things that should be changed.

Digger 2 as above

Employer large unit Why employers cannt pay more
Employer small unit as above
A Curator.
The Client & Consultants View - Would it be in the clients best interests to improve the working conditions of diggers.

IFA/Prospect - What have we tried.

This would of course be followed by going down to the pub to have a good moan.

Peter

BAJR conference 2006 papers/sessions - deepdigger - 15th June 2005

I'd like to suggest a paper to reflect the widening gap between commercial archaeology and the highly regarded acedemia!
Probably entitled "Real archaeologists don't use string"!!
With thanks to Mike Anthony for the title!!

deep

BAJR conference 2006 papers/sessions - troll - 15th June 2005

Many thanx to all. Of course, my prompts were just that. I agree with Dr Wardle, pay and conditions/structure and career prospects must be central to our first event. I do however, feel that it is equally imperative that we approach the issue of archaeology in a commercial environment/accountability/value for money and the cessation of hack and slash archaeology in favour of developers and, the issue of under-resourced and un-armed, hog-tied curators. I also agree that it is extremely important for us to get together soon to discuss detail and, set a time and a place for the conference. I envisage a conference spread over a number of days (weekend in September 06?) to facilitate the range of potential sessions and more importantly, to give all an opportunity to offer a view.Big Grin

BAJR conference 2006 papers/sessions - troll - 21st June 2005

The young Lady Lucy (came up with the conference idea) had another little gem of a thought today...hold small regionals in internet cafes....then get together with the agendas and paper offers afterwards=conference.....We really need participation from as wide a community as possible. Would this allow for the anonimity desired by some who wish to comment?Big Grin

BAJR conference 2006 papers/sessions - deepdigger - 21st June 2005

I have a half dozen friends who want to contribute, so in the ansence of an internet cafe could we contribute to this from my house?
Yet another good idea mate, tell Lucy I said "Iechyd da"!!

deep

BAJR conference 2006 papers/sessions - drpeterwardle - 21st June 2005

An e conference works well but is actually very time consumming in many respects.

The IFA tried this last year on training - Britarch hosted it - they have a ready made facility

Peter

BAJR conference 2006 papers/sessions - Venutius - 22nd June 2005

I think you want a single conference. Use alternative speakers to ensure anon status. The conf shouyld be a signle day - this will ensure minimal outlay and organisation required.

An e-conference sounds interesting in terms of reaching a wider audience - if the veniew had the right facilities it could be broadcast on the web.

Save the Thornborough Henge Complex - http://www.timewatch.org