The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
do I have muppet written on my forehead? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: do I have muppet written on my forehead? (/showthread.php?tid=1959)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - drpeterwardle - 15th December 2005

Tim

This thread is about H&S could you stick to the topic and start a new thread for this discussion about Ireland

Peter

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - Tim - 15th December 2005

Sorry. My fault.

Little Tim

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - deepdigger - 19th December 2005

I think, after all that has been said here, that if anyone is still risking life and limb in work, then it must be tattoo'd on their forehead not written!

deep

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - troll - 28th December 2005

Agreed.Lets make this the year we remember as the death of HS muppetry in the archaeological industry and not the potential death of an archaeologist. I don`t just mean gratuitous use of wobbly orange fencing either. Those of you responsible for HS out there, please-buy the SCAUM manual and place one copy per site available to site staff.Lets see professional risk assessments.Lets see if we can`t find a nice unit/university that is willing to provide professional training courses/qualifications for those charged with Health and safety. AND- lets see if we can`t get site staff to comply with HS mitigation too.It goes both ways.Happy new year BAJR.Lets make HS a priority in 2006 and beyond.Big Grin

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - BAJR Host - 28th December 2005

Agreed }Smile

Another day another WSI?

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - deepdigger - 28th December 2005

Yeah! About time too!!

deep

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - troll - 29th December 2005

At the risk of repeating myself, I did ask some time ago how many HS peeps out there commission chemical testing of sites prior to intrusive works.Disturbingly, the only positive response was from 1man1desk who clearly took the question seriously enough to do something positive about it.Anyone else?

I am sorely tempted to offer a conference paper on HS in British archaeology. I can only offer this if I am assisted by those at the coal face and, by managerial staff who choose to contribute. I have, over the past year (my one year BAJR anniversary has just past!) been receiving telephone reports of HS idiocy on a regular basis from all over the UK and regarding small units and RAOs in equal numbers. Mr Hosty has been manning the BAJR hotline in regards to HS.My endeavours are aimed at revealing the brevity and frequency of HS contraventions. To this end, I appeal again- please, send me the photos and a breakdown. Not particularly interested in the who`s and where`s (that is for the hotline) just the juicy bits.Big Grin

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - the invisible man - 30th December 2005

HYN to you Troll, and I think you are just the person to deliver an H&S paper, splendid wheeze. I'd reckon you need to actually know the who's and where's of everything though, in order for it be a serious paper, but of course you don't tell anyone esle. Name and address supplied, sort of thing...

It would be ideal for a manager's point of view to be presented as well of course, and to introduce an elemant of dialogue. A unit director would be even better!

We owe the dead nothing but the truth.

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - drpeterwardle - 30th December 2005

Chemical Testing and digging.

This is actually a complex issue.

To test for contaminants to have to dig holes. If you dig holes you need archaeologists.

The best bet is working with the engineer and the archaeologist being briefed by them. I do this regularly.

Peter

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - troll - 30th December 2005

Thanx all. Good points all round. I worked on a 20 hectare site some years ago where chemical testing was carried out under the auspices of a watching brief so the conflict of interest was largely mitigated against.In terms of HS, I am simply attempting to point out that although (allegedly) there have been no deaths in British archaeology from "immediate" threat/risk-the chemical contamination of any site could result in long-term illness and even deaths that would not be instantly recognised as such in the future. I do feel that employers should have an obligation to assess ALL risk prior to intrusive works and place appropriate mitigative measures where they are needed most.