The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
do I have muppet written on my forehead? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: do I have muppet written on my forehead? (/showthread.php?tid=1959)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - BAJR Host - 6th January 2006

certainly looks like a good poll

Another day another WSI?

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - troll - 7th January 2006

I think only a full version is acceptable.A partial or summarised version of such a text would be more grief than its worth.Field crews are worth more than summarised HS practices.Don`t particularly relish the idea of toe to toe mouth-tennis over interpretations of "summaries".Clear, concise and black and white please.Big Grin

..knowledge without action is insanity and action without knowledge is vanity..(imam ghazali,ayyuhal-walad)

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - kevin wooldridge - 8th January 2006

This is just a thought...

If you join SCAUM and get the H&S manual as part of your membership, are you not then allowed to make it freely available to your 'staff' in whatever manner is best suitable.

If that is the case could we not raise ?40 between us to make BAJR a member of SCAUM and then do likewise i.e circulate the manual amongst BAJR 'members'? I'm willing to contribute towards such a fund....

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - 1man1desk - 9th January 2006

Good idea, but I am afraid that it would fall foul of the Copyright laws.

BAJR could get a copy and circulate it amongst anyone employed by BAJR - but that does not include making it available to the general public (i.e. us)!

That would be similar to a commercial book club buying one copy, reproducing it and sending it to all their members.

1man1desk

to let, fully furnished

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - drpeterwardle - 9th January 2006

1man1desk suggests that there would be copyright difficulties in BAJR circulating the SCAUM H&S manual. How jobsworth.

This is one document that should be freely available and no restriction on copying it. Lets have some balance. Breaking copyright laws or ensuring everybody knows what safe working practices are and thus preventing accidents.

Here is an alternative suggestion. Consultants circulate said document to archaeologists they sub contract to ie employ. When they monitor a site they ask each individual if they have read said document and if not give them a copy and instruct them to read it.

Peter

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - 1man1desk - 9th January 2006

Nothing jobsworth about mentioning copyright - people adopting the approach suggested by Beer Beast could find themselves getting sued!
(not by me - I've nothing to do with SCAUM).

1man1desk

to let, fully furnished

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - BAJR Host - 9th January 2006

I will also be asking how many non-SCAUM buy a copy for ?40... As you get a free copy if you join SCAUM... it does seem a bit barking to make it non accessible unless you pay ?40 as nobody seems to buy it anyway? Still with me? Good. So I would hope that as nobody buys it (I think) then whats the point of having it for sale... Just make it accessible online. It should not be seen as a perk, more a document for everyone.

Another day another WSI?

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - drpeterwardle - 9th January 2006

Iman1desk said

"could find themselves getting sued".

To sue successfully it would have to shown that there was a financial loss which would be zero or near zero. There is a legal phrase "de minimus non curat lex" - the law does not deal in trifles.

David have you asked SCAUM if they will allow BAJR to publish the manual on line or in cd form. Surely you could do it more cheaply and even pay SCAUM a royalty?

Similarly can you add a list of links to H&S documents as they are mnetioned on BAJR.

Peter

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - kevin wooldridge - 9th January 2006

I don't believe that the copyright laws actually come into this. If BAJR were too make a copy of the SCAUM H&S manual available through the BAJR library and BAJR members only consulted it for private and research reasons then it could be deemed as 'fair dealing' and allowable under the Copyright Act. Maybe Host would have to ask BAJRites to tick a box saying that they were using it for private and research reasons just to be safe.

This web link provides the best summary you will ever need regarding the Copyright Act.

http://copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/p01_uk_copyright_law

do I have muppet written on my forehead? - the invisible man - 9th January 2006

Might it not be tricky if the reasons for copying it are in connection with a commercial enterprise, i.e. contract fieldwork?

Surely the simplest solution is to ask SCAUM if they mind. It rather begs the question why they wrote the damn thing if they don't want it used and accepted.

How binding is it, or could it be made to be?

We owe the dead nothing but the truth.