The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Contemporary Archaeology - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Contemporary Archaeology (/showthread.php?tid=2128)

Pages: 1 2 3

Contemporary Archaeology - sniper - 6th February 2006

and, as with mass graves and WWI trenches, if sites are dug by archaeologists they are likely to be done better, and with more respect, allowing more information to be retrieved from the victims than if they are done in any other way. I remember watching a programme about a WWI trench excavation done by well meaning amateurs, but who tried to wrench bones free of the ground, and found dog tags and tried to read the names by spitting on them and rubbing them with their fingers, and then wondered why they couldn't get any info off them. I remember also being appalled by the difference in treatment between allied dead and enemy dead, during and after excavation. The allied skeletons were carefully (more or less) lifted and then placed carefully into proper boxes, while the enemy dead were wrenched out of the ground and shoved into a lidless cardboard box. If I was given the opportunity, I would love to go and excavate trenches and war dead, to at least try to instill some sort of moral and ethical codes of how to treat the dead, regardless of nationality.

++ i spend my days rummaging around in dead people ++

Contemporary Archaeology - Dave-Bonner - 9th February 2006

.....As with WWII aircraft crash sites. I might add, by SOME individuals and groups. Their interest is merely retrieval of artifacts / souvenires. Technique goes out the window.

Obviously that does not account for everyone in that area, but a very significant trend.

Gizza job!!!!! ....please!!!!!