The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Totally Random thread - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Totally Random thread (/showthread.php?tid=2221)

Totally Random thread - Emjem - 15th May 2006

I was having a discussion the other day about a quasi-archaeological thing, (one tends to do so when one is in the businessBig Grin) and the question came up of does the vatican REALLY have a roman chariot or is this an urban myth? If they do, what other goodies do they have??? Hey its my lunch break, i can ramble!!

Totally Random thread - Beardstroker - 15th May 2006

Don't know about a chariot as such, but one of the many Urban Myths that always amused me about the Vatican, is the one where the Pope has to sit, underwearless, on a special chair with a hole in it so someone below can ensure he is in fact not a she.Big Grin

I suppose this is so they can avoid another Pope Joan, the only female to hold the title and who they only found out about when she gave birth in an alley. And I believe she is supposed to be a myth as well.[?]

Totally Random thread - getatrowel - 15th May 2006

Ah yes - Pope Joan. Very funny description in Top Girls (play by Caryl Churchill).
Oh i do hope it is true (:

Ian

http://www.getatrowel.co.uk - trowels for archaeological excavators

Totally Random thread - Paul Barford - 15th May 2006

Sadly for feminists, Pope Joan is clearly a myth, its fullest form was written down by Martin of Opava (Martin Polonus), "Chronicon Pontificum et Imperatum" in the 13th century (so several hundred years after she was supposed to be Pontiff). One version has it that the story was invented as anti-Roman propaganda by Constantinople in the time of Photius.

They've got a "few" Roman bits and bobs thouggh, apart from the art, there's the tip of the Spear of Longinus which purports to be tha which pierced Christ's side. Whether or not the vaytican bit is ffrom the one found by the Crusaders at Antioch is unclear, but its got a better chance than the one now in Vienna (aka "the Spear of Destiny").