The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Pay and Conditions - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Pay and Conditions (/showthread.php?tid=2390)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Pay and Conditions - Maggie - 2nd April 2010

Interesting Dinosaur that you know so much about Dirty Boys company and so little about everyone elses :face-confused:

Pay and Conditions - Dinosaur - 2nd April 2010

You've clearly not bothered reading his posts? - you'd know all that too if you had?

Pay and Conditions - BAJR - 2nd April 2010

:face-thinks: Hmmmm

Companies going bust... belts tightened... yours is the only company expanding and er...."recruiting"

Perhaps you should read the latest IfA recession Report...

I find it amusing that you are so anti - union.... I note you say 1970s dissent... personally I can't see any dissent in asking for fair working conditions, decent PPE and site Facilities as well as an end to exploitation. Sounds like something to support...

Now... Can I just ask a small favour.... can you and your friends try to realise I don't have a zip up the back... good grief I had to explain it slowly to one that pretending to be a couple of people and agreeing with himself may make me slightly miffed. :face-huh:

So heres the rub.... welcome to BAJR.... all welcome.... but don't treat me like an idiot... as I really don't like it.

Dino.... would I take it you have no idea who Dirty is?? and I am having a terrible attack of multiple co-incidences

Pay and Conditions - Maggie - 2nd April 2010

Dinosaur Wrote:You've clearly not bothered reading his posts? - you'd know all that too if you had?

Well it's nice that you are so easily convinced. Thatchers children eh?

Eeerr, should have said 1980s anyway. I know who the other guy is who you were getting hassled by (and which name he's currently posting under) - surely not the same as Dirty, who actually posts interesting stuff? Suspect Dirty works for same firm though from his description. Can email if you want to know who I am, though if you're suitably informed you should be able to guess from my email address, I'm not exactly unknown amongst the older generation of diggers.

I'm pretty certain regular (good) wages, PAYE, really good pension scheme etc, being paid for doing this on a bank holiday etc counts as employment so why the '...'? You're not really still believing all the c**p<edit as this would make it very clear who is being discussed> and of course they're insured, no company in their right mind would lay themselves open to being sued! I certainly wouldn't have worked for them without that. As for health and safety, how many archaeology units have got an ISO in that (independent annual inspection and requirement to document everything in between, pain in the arse but worth doing). In 31 years digging around the circuit it's the best of the 25+ outfits I've worked for by miles, could be why the regular workforce keep coming back when there's work on even if they've got work elsewhere

Pay and Conditions - Dirty Boy - 2nd April 2010

GnomeKing Wrote:I I I I I---this is about everybody else Dirty, not just you!!!!.....perhapes you might consider some solidarity for those who may not be in your position, and whetheryou care about how the rest of the community is doing....

(membership dosn't equate to "strike", by the way)

Its a good point Mr GnomeKing. I probably haven't been as constructive as I should have been, and I'll try to improve on this from now on.

I think Mr Red Earth does make a good point in terms of replies to recent postings. Yes they are going to upset people here, although that's not the main reason for them at all.

OK. If unionisation is going to be a useful tool for pushing up pay, better terms and conditions, welfare, training, safety, etc. etc, there is going to be a need to engage with the archaeology community as a whole and to get as many people on board as possible. I think while promoting unions, you're going to find a large number of people with views including:

- Those happy in their jobs, with good conditions who feel that unionization isn't for them, however self centered that is.
- Those like Mr Red Earth who are worried about democracy, perhaps the view of unions in the recent media, and have concerns about joining
- Those who simply "can't be asked"
- Those who think "its destined to fail

While views like mine are going to be polarising, a lot of the above views are going to be prevelant in the industry, and you're going to need as many people on board as possible in order to make real changes. Look back over the last few days of posts. Is it like Mr Red Earth says, descending towards calling people scabs, hat doffers, etc, or have good reasons been given to convincce a doubter to join a union? Maybe the last few days have been useful in that they've brought this issue a bit further forward - how are you going to convince doubters that unionisation is a good idea? I can see it being a major hurdle to moving forward.

I hope this is a more constructive post. If people want to get me involved, then maybe suggest a few reasons why I should join. I'll try an keep a more open mind from now on

Am not in principle against unions either, just concerned that no 'closed-shop' attitudes creep in, and people thinking they have the right to tell other people how things should be done.....

It's a bank holiday, do you people not have a pub to go to? I'm off to mine Smile

Gawd its the Chuckle brothers...

First I find the first person posts under different names... followed by another person ... who is accidentally from the same company... 10 minutes later... (though of course this is purely by accident... ) and now we have the third... though seems like you are amazed that two other members of staff are now posting... emailing and demanding with some rather forthright words... that I am somehow a person who is preventing the young digger from surviving in the hostile environment that is UK archaeology... sob sob....

Glad to hear that regular workforce returns... superb... over the moon.... but don't think that will make me crack a bottle of champers open...

Glad to hear you are happy.... whoop de doo... off you go to the pub and be happy about your job... there will be others in you company that are the same... and nobody is saying the company is crap.. however... I have rules... they can't abide by them... end of...

anymore of this and I will be slightly more than miffed....

Give me a call if you want... but I am getting mighty sick of multiple posters from the same company, pretending its a great shock that the others are here... I am getting mighty sick of being emailed by muppets that seem to think I am stoooopeeed!

And Remember I don't have a right to tell your company how to do it... but don't think you can tell me who I should bow to. they have my number... as they always have...

Quick add on... to clear things up...

I have just had a good chat on the phone from Dirty Boy... and he is not part of the chuckle brothers. Case in point... good bloke, honest and knows a good site and good work. The issues I have are going to continue with people not like him.

Ahemm.... so there you have it!