The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Eleanor Donaldson Fund - news - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Eleanor Donaldson Fund - news (/showthread.php?tid=2790)

Eleanor Donaldson Fund - news - BAJR - 4th March 2010

http://www.bajr.org/BAJRresources/EDF.asp

Just to let you know that the fund is doing good... people are getting money.. recently (last week) I was able to send 200 quid to a young bloke in wales who is off to do a volunteer week down south with a major unit. He has deserved the fund money and I am sure will make great use of the cash.

I would like to thank a memmber of this forum for a generous donation, to help more young people get a chance to enjoy archaeology and follow dreams. WHich is what this is all about.

Quote:leanor Donaldson, was my own inspiration, and at the age of 13 supported me in my first fieldwork in the Wye Valley at Symonds Yat, and again on trips to France and across the UK. Throughout her life, she never failed to support the struggling archaeologist with words of encouragement and financial help help, and without her unflinching belief that you should pursue your dream backed by an interest in all I did, then I would not be half the archaeologist I am today, over 25 years later. To continue this help to those who wish to follow the dream of following a career in archaeology this grant has been set up to help those who have similar aspirations and drive to be archaeologists.
Scope of the grant Over ?500 will be available each year to be split between two or more awards.
The grants will support pre higher education individuals in the United Kingdom (up to the age of 18) to help attend workshops, local studies, conferences or fieldwork).
Eligible expenses include travel, accommodation and conference/workshop/Field School fees.
The deadline for applications is 28 May each year.
It is possible to apply for the grant prior to acceptance on a given activity, and to be conditionally awarded funds, based on final acceptance. (Proof of acceptance on the given activity will be required prior to receiving the Award money)

It is always nice to give and just do something because it is the right thing to do. recently on britarch, I was told about the following post.

from Dave Petts
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ind1003&L=BRITARCH&T=0&O=A&P=35927

Quote:Individuals like David Connolly and the many many people who spend their evenings talking to local groups, doing finds identification etc etc are all going above and beyond the call of duty promoting a subject they love. Finally, don't forget that most (though perhaps not all) archaeologists also have a life. Many of us have partners, children and relatives who put up with the fact that we spend out free time doing archaeology. Some of us, even (and say this very quietly) actually have other interests outside archaeology and may (say it even quieter) sometimes to just want to tune out, turn on the tv and open a beer.

I think my mother would be so proud.. and I am humbled!

I often get told.. I am a commercial company (true) but I plough it all back into the thing I love... archaeology and helping others enjoy it too.. I care about diggers rights... I care about students debt... I care about public involvement.. I care. THat is thanks to my mother. So...

If you know of some-one (a young person) who could benefit from some money to help them in archaeology, then let them know. If you want to donate, then please donate... if you want to offer opportunities for younger people , then think about it.

Basicly, I am aware that the anniversary of the sad death of my mother is approaching - I know she would be happy that her money is helping. For many of my vintage who know me, they will know her. and not a bad bone in her body... she cared, I can only hope to live up to that.

any way... just thought you need to know!