The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Future Fears - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Future Fears (/showthread.php?tid=3016)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Future Fears - Dinosaur - 26th April 2010

Just be careful that the tripod is the one you took along for the level.....:0

Future Fears - Jack - 27th April 2010

I wonder how many archaeologist have off-world experience on their CV's

Future Fears - BAJR - 27th April 2010

So basicly, we have no real fears for the future. ... good to know. :face-approve:

Future Fears - Dirty Boy - 27th April 2010

Probably not a fear - just a general feeling that archaeology will continue to bumble along in its slightly potty way, with standards inching up gradually.

I tend not to fear - i prefer to try and think positively. Hopes for the future?
A triumvirate of:

- It'll be interesting to see if a hung parliament passes more "less controversial" legislation and we see the Heritage Bill pass. Would definately like to see more power for and regulation of county archaeologists as a result, (I need to find a copy of the proposed bill) as I think that's the best way to ensure standards are complied with
- The introduction of a good quality archaeological union across the UK to gradually push up pay and conditions
- The IFA carries on but focuses more on the RAO scheme and setting guidelines

Future Fears - kevin wooldridge - 27th April 2010

Jack Wrote:I wonder how many archaeologist have off-world experience on their CV's

You jest, but .... I once worked with a guy who whilst at university in the 70's got a chance to spend two semesters on an exchange with an American university and actually went through the NASA training programme for foreign astronauts.....he also volunteered for a CIA prgramme to try mind expanding narcotics....but thats another story

Future Fears - BAJR - 27th April 2010

Quote:- It'll be interesting to see if a hung parliament passes more "less controversial" legislation and we see the Heritage Bill pass. Would definately like to see more power for and regulation of county archaeologists as a result, (I need to find a copy of the proposed bill) as I think that's the best way to ensure standards are complied with
- The introduction of a good quality archaeological union across the UK to gradually push up pay and conditions
- The IFA carries on but focuses more on the RAO scheme and setting guidelines

Amen to all that. WE really do have it in ourselves to create these very scenarios.. sadly we are also pootermongers and tend to demand change until it is on offer, and which point there is a great fear and much muttering about the good old days... we should not mess with the status quo...

To my end I will continue with number two, along with all the others... and hope that we get the archaeology we deserve Rolleyes

Future Fears - Jack - 27th April 2010

kevin wooldridge Wrote:You jest, but .... I once worked with a guy who whilst at university in the 70's got a chance to spend two semesters on an exchange with an American university and actually went through the NASA training programme for foreign astronauts.....he also volunteered for a CIA prgramme to try mind expanding narcotics....but thats another story

Cool, I'll keep him in mind when the MOD come knocking on our door to excavated some weird gate-looking thing found in the desert.