The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? (/showthread.php?tid=3187)

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - Austin Ainsworth - 19th June 2010

Sorry folks, we're not going to agree. This is a tedious irrelevance and takes the forum away from everything it was intended for. If you want this nonsense then go to the Time Team forum and look at the Trench Fell Inn thread.

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - deadlylampshade - 19th June 2010

Austin Ainsworth Wrote:Sorry to disagree Wax, but nine pages of this!?! That's more than most career affecting threads get. Perhaps that's symptomatic of the lack of progress made in T&Cs for site staff in the last 20 years.

Hello Mr Ainsworth...you seem a tad over wrought, but well done on slogging through "nine pages of this"...if you have read it all that is.

A good rant does us all some good, so please carry on...I am sure a soap box can be added to the cyber decor, or do you object to a little frivolity?

I take it you contributed to all the T&C threads...has it crossed your mind that if people venture into the bar thread and feel confident to join in where they can have FUN they might just be tempted to contribute to the other debates without being given their heads in their hands to play with by the more "committed" types? This thread was viewed 66 times before anyone joined in...do you ALL disapprove of levity, or are people afraid of the more dogmatic statements made...my goodness, archaeology HAS changed after 20 years and possibly not for the better:face-crying:

I also take it you didn't bring any nibbles with you though? No? Pas de problem...have some freshly made cheese straws.Big Grin

Just a thought...do the emticons annoy you too, or are they ok?}Smile

mpoole, sorry about the beers, but they were out for some time. Perhaps the flat beer upset Mr Ainsworth.

Is there any reason why the BAJR can't have a cyber bar??? I'm having FUN! Cheers:face-approve:

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - Austin Ainsworth - 19th June 2010

I'll leave you and your friends to your lashings of ginger beer and coconut macaroons, the rest of us will discuss the other forum issues without our heads up our collective arse.

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - deadlylampshade - 19th June 2010

Close the door after you, there's a good chap!

Certainly, I wouldn't want to intrude on a world of halcyon days and unchallenged unreality.

(btw, I a was moderator on this forum for over two years and read every post submitted). A little advice, have a chat with hosty and check out the lay of the land.

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - Wax - 19th June 2010

Well Ive done my serious bit for the day.......where's the nibbles and pass me another pint, Old Peculiar would go down a treat

Got any Scampie Fries?:face-kiss:

Austin Ainsworth Wrote:I a was moderator on this forum for over two years and read every post submitted). A little advice, have a chat with hosty and check out the lay of the land.

Thank you for your kind advice.

I will next time he and the other Moderators drop by the bar.

deadlylampshade Wrote:Thank you for your kind advice.

I will next time he and the other Moderators drop by the bar.

Quoting in context would have been helpful.

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - mpoole - 19th June 2010

I do drop by the bar, and I have to say that a thread where there's a bit of conviviality and ice-breaking (and not just for the drinks) helps people feel a part of the forum, no matter which forum it is. Anything that gets people in and chatting is good, the chat will eventually trickle down into other discussions. It's the nature of the beast.

As with anything, there's no requirement to read a thread the same way there's no requirement to call in to a real bar. I think that giving the forum participants a thread for fun keeps the inane chatter out of the other threads and helps them stay on topic. Can't please everyone, and I'm sorry you mind the presence of the thread. Perhaps you have thoughts on the other discussions? Romans? Stonehenge? Women and sanitary products? I read every new post, but I don't feel that I have the background to contribute to some of them, so out of courtesy to the topic, I refrain. Where I can offer a thought, I do. That's also the nature of the beast.

Mine's a pint.

-Su (the poster formally known as mpoole)

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - mpoole - 19th June 2010

Wax Wrote:Well Ive done my serious bit for the day.......where's the nibbles and pass me another pint, Old Peculiar would go down a treat

Got any Scampie Fries?:face-kiss:

Eurgh, OP and Scampi Fries? It's OP and pork rinds, Scampi Fries go with cheap lager. Rolleyes