The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1326 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1326 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1448 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 499 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? (/showthread.php?tid=3187)

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - Ken Denham - 26th June 2010

Afraid I gree with the Oz side of things, am not quite ready to bow out but am pretty close.

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - deadlylampshade - 27th June 2010

It's a real shame so many of those who post seem to feel like this, but I don't think one thread on a forum can be the cause of this. Sounds to me like it is being used as an excuse for discontent elsewhere.

After all, you don't HAVE to open the thread and you certainly don't have to spread Eeyoresque levels of doom and gloom for those of us who are perfectly serious about our intent, but like a bit of FUN too.

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - BAJR - 27th June 2010

I too am baffled by one thread causing so much ... er discontent... its quite simple... don't read it. stick to the other threads or remember some other laughs we used to have..

Lets not forget Oz contributed "quotes for archaeologists.".. where we have a selection from everythign from Zulu to Rambo...
http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/showthread.php?1316-Quotes-for-archaeologists&highlight=austin

how about a recent dep post about whether Romans or Pirates would win a fight...
http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/showthread.php?3156-Pirates-vs-Romans-%28long-day%29&p=56737

Ah... yes... oh how we hated that frivolity..

any more... ah we have a thread about getting ratted and listening to Punk Music..
http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/showthread.php?1040-Punk-and-Disorderly&p=23748&viewfull=1#post23748

well... hey there are lots of fun and flippant threads... and this is the first to see a reaction of how dare we dare to have a laugh.

Me... I will keep smiling.. and wonder where all the talking gets us... What would people prefer? A BAJR Forum where we have the ability to talk debate and laugh... or a po faced version... perhaps Britarch should be castigated for its friday fun threads..

So here is the deal... Think about why this thread angers you... I fear that mostly it will be due to something deeper... age? job loss? disenchantment? depression? ... and you need support...

Think also about where you stand when it comes to supporting BAJR ...

Don't read this thread if offended by fun....

If you have a real issue, call me... 01620 861643 get it off your chest... talk to me about it... now you can't say fairer than that

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - vulpes - 27th June 2010

Quote:So here is the deal... Think about why this thread angers you... I fear that mostly it will be due to something deeper... age?

That's it - Age. Clearly I'm too young for this thread.

But seriously there seems to be an annoyance with this 'virtual' bar or indeed a 'virtual' i.e. pretend anything.... That said, I would remind everyone, like it or not (and I don't - as a concept), that all these discussions, whether on this thread or not are being carried out in a 'virtual' Site Hut.

I'm still surprised that there hasn't been a virtual bar brawl yet, complete with virtual glassings and hurled bottles. But then as boozers go this does seem to be a bit of a naff theme pub (or indeed Bar) rather than the spit and sawdust type - or is it just my imagination? :face-stir:

Clearly you are now in the Grumpy Old man category... but hark... as you passed by this naff theme bar... you could have walked by... heading for meatier things... but no... the temptation... the desire to poke yer head round the door... you could not resist. And so here you are... inside the bar... your flares flapping and the shirt a bit too tight round the middle... (you fit in well) mind the virtual beer glasses being thrown, which also hurt in the real world. But never ever be ashamed to smile once in a while... and if its serious you are after... head on over to .... ah.... well its Britarch for you then. }Smile

Right.... now to be serious for a moment...

terrible serious history... damn the BBC for being respected and for turning out this... Wink

[video=youtube;SbeozXrw4E4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbeozXrw4E4[/video]

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - deadlylampshade - 27th June 2010

ROFPMSL...

okay...you're going to have to tell me how to put you tube clips on and then I can be REALLY annoying...

Actually I LIKE the idea of a theme pub...we could change it every week so that it caters forall periods of archaeology including industrial...and then we can have themed drinks! Wow what a great idea...

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - Wax - 27th June 2010

So what was the drink of your C 19th industrial worker Beer, Gin, Tea ?

Or we could have a temperance bar……. make mine a sarsaparilla (is that how you spell it ?)Big Grin

Probably gin...possibly beer with a gin chaser.

You can have sarsparilla (couldn;t give a monkeys about the speklling...(edit: see, told you...unintentional, but I meant spelling of course)but I think it is a "r" too far}Smile)...you can have cream soda, dandelion and burdock, cherryade...anything your heart desires...

Good evening wax, how are you?

and a good good evening to you deadly... a lovely tellingbone conversation with you... left me with a big smile and a need for another glass of coop red (reduced from 5.49) I'll regret that!

I wish I had not had so much that I can't drive the miles back to the shop to get some dandelion and burdock to go with Gin. For my mind... its got to be small beer and too much gin. The choice of the 19th century champion... deadening the humdrum... or the misery that is UK archaeology...