The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? (/showthread.php?tid=3187)

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - BAJR - 30th June 2010

Ah... well I have something to ruminant over... while nursing a stiff gin!

The Irish have excelled themselves in this report... you could not honestly make it up!!!

Quote:Now known as the Coggalbeg Hoard, a collection of gold artefacts, dating back 4,000 years were saved from the skip in Dublin (Ireland) by the police after being dumped by pharmacy thieves unaware of their priceless takings. The hoard comprises of a gold lunula (a crescent shaped ceremonial ornament) and two small golden discs, both of which date to between 2300 and 1800 BCE.
Originally discovered in a Coggalbeg bog, the artefacts were kept safe in Sheehan's Pharmacy in Strokestown, County Roscommon since 1947. Burglars had raided the pharmacy safe of the family business and the Sheehan family notified the police of its contents. Hubert Lannon, who died just 3 weeks earlier, had discovered the item in 1945 when cutting turf on his land and gave them to the local pharmacy for safekeeping. The family had vaguely remembered about the pieces stored by their father, PJ Sheehan, who passed away in the 1960s and notified the police. It was a race against time to track down the skip before it was towed away.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/kfcwmhcwsncw/rss2/

Now.. imagine the scene... shall we take the gold?? nah, just throw it in the skip!

And what on earth happened in 1947... "Sure I found some ancient gold! ... I'll take it to the chemist for safe keeping!" :face-thinks:

however (to show I am not being anti Irish) what about this cracking Scottish story about the Viking structure that turned out to be a Patio... including this hysterical line!
Quote:You may know your Vikings, Doug, but you seem pretty ignorant about the development of garden architecture. My sources in California tell me that the first patio houses there were not erected until 1967. When planning permission was sought for a row of them in the city of Sunnyvale one local politician accused the builders of creating “an instant slum”.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/scotland/article991430.ece

So... I want to complete the set with an English and Welsh example of the double take story!

ps... have another Irish story... this is never a Canoe!!! unless it was paddled by pixies!

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/anglers-catch-ancient-canoe-in-the-boyne-2234534.html

come on... you would not fit in that!!! look at it! I would not get a knee in it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]627[/ATTACH]

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - mpoole - 30th June 2010

Some of the Amazonian dugouts seem to be not a lot deeper, but the sides of the dugout in the photos look like they were used for firewood at some point in the past. Where are the other two stories?

Drinks for everyone while we wait.

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - Unitof1 - 30th June 2010

salut .

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - deadlylampshade - 1st July 2010

Dropped in for a quick slurp of whatever sustaining liquor is available before trying to explain to mental pygmies about secure VPN tunnelling...really wish I was in a quiet trench somewhere...Rolleyes

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - mpoole - 1st July 2010

Sun's over the yardarm somewhere, Deadly. Name your poison and I'm sure it's under a box or stack of papers somewhere.

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - Wax - 1st July 2010

Good day to day …….another packet of scampie fries to celebrate and lashings of ginger beer all round.Big Grin

Feet up this evening with a DVD now what to watch?

Original 80,s TV series Edge of Darkness or Moulin Rouge (for the 29th time)?

Perhaps Apocalypse now (redux)?:face-thinks:

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - deadlylampshade - 1st July 2010

Ooh...I remember Edge of Darkness...remember seeing Bob Peck do Macbeth with the RSC too...what a voice!

Moulin Rouge to Apocalypse Now? You have me worried Wax.

Or you could always go for the middle ground and watch Whoops Apocalypse!!}Smile

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - BAJR - 1st July 2010

carry on up the kyber and cheap cider for me Smile

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - deadlylampshade - 2nd July 2010

Happy Friday everyone.

Don't normally work on Fridays but the wheels are coming off a little and my Vorgon expertise has been deemed essential for the day:face-confused:...<<sigh>>...I'm going to make them suffer for dragging me out of bed just to knock heads together...

Is it me? Or have people stopped thinking for themselves blaming corporate responsibility for everything...

...perhaps I should start a whinge/moan thread...

Is there a bar in the site hut? Or can this be it? - BAJR - 2nd July 2010

\is it Friday... you are lucky... i don't have a start and end... just one long weekday... or is it holiday?:p