The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
IfA - Salary benchamarking, report and new consultation - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: IfA - Salary benchamarking, report and new consultation (/showthread.php?tid=3215)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

IfA - Salary benchamarking, report and new consultation - Dinosaur - 20th July 2010

Unfortunately no one ever seems to have come up with a viable performance-related pay system in archaeology - some diggers are 3 times as much value on site as some other diggers, and it's always struck me as criminal that we still have to pay them the same money at the end of the week :face-crying:

IfA - Salary benchamarking, report and new consultation - BAJR - 20th July 2010

Thats why I came up with the G2-G3 and G3/4 which recognised this... however, its p to the companies to enact it. To be fair, many do... and it should be implemented as a standard... but.. as I say, its up to the company. I prefer the overlapping scales that some companies have.. so an expert digger can earn the same as a new Supervisor.

It is annoying that one pay fits all is still used. I agree.

IfA - Salary benchamarking, report and new consultation - stinker pinker - 20th July 2010

i have mixed thoughts on this issue. as the longest serving site assistant at my unit i do often catch myself thinking that with the accumulated experience that i have and the extra responsibilities that i often take on it is a bit unfair to be paid the same as the temps and new starters fresh out of uni. this is especially the case when i end up mentoring or 'supervising' people who are paid the same wage as me.

despite this, it seems to me that we are all doing the same job to the best of our abilities and it would be churlish to expect more money for half-sectioning my pit than the person next to me gets. i think there are much bigger issues at stake than adding unnecessary levels of heirarchy to the site assistants.

though ask me that again the next time i see a temp take a day to record a small pit and you might get a different answer!

IfA - Salary benchamarking, report and new consultation - GnomeKing - 20th July 2010

you probably should be more churlish - (but don't let the boss know your disaffected)

IfA - Salary benchamarking, report and new consultation - Dinosaur - 21st July 2010

On small jobs my experience, working for a number of units, has been that the size of the workforce has been directly geared to the abilities of the diggers available (costed for six, but actually those three 'crack' diggers can deal with it...), so employers certainly take financial advantage of 'good' diggers (especially the ones who can shift mountains of s**t).....I know they always have with me :face-stir: