The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Fenland District Council to relax archaeological planning regulations - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Fenland District Council to relax archaeological planning regulations (/showthread.php?tid=3983)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Fenland District Council to relax archaeological planning regulations - Marcus Brody - 25th June 2011

I certainly agree that the current commercially-driven model for archaeology is far from perfect, but the alternative is likely to be....nothing. Any lying down in front of bulldozers will be to try to ensure that some form of heritage protection remains, because what will be on offer if we don't won't be an alternative means of organising archaeology and fieldwork, it'll be a complete absence of any fieldwork other than that done by societies and academics, and none of that will be done on sites threatened by development. On the basis that 'my enemy's enemy is my friend', we may have to support a system that isn't necessarily an ideal way of structuring the profession, as it's the best we're likely to get in the current climate. Neither central government nor councils are likely to fund 15 (or however many) multi-county units along the lines suggested in the 1974 newsletter at a time when council units are being closed down or sold off, and if the requirement to deal with archaeological issues raised by development proposals were to be removed, there would be no need for these regional units anyway (or for the majority of the commercial units, as the amount of available work would drop by something like 90-95%). I know that this post will leave me liable to the charge of being defeatist and not being open-minded to the alternatives, but I'd prefer to say that it's realistic.

Fenland District Council to relax archaeological planning regulations - BAJR - 25th June 2011

@moreno Not sure that BAJR is not active. Indeed BAJR is doing what BAJR does best. AS it happens, the united front is just what is happening. What BAJRites do is up to them. But BAJR is acting and working hard. trust me. several BAJRites have do

Fenland District Council to relax archaeological planning regulations - BAJR - 25th June 2011

http://www.rescue-archaeology.org.uk/2011/06/24/rescue-responds-to-comments-from-fenland-district-council-leader/

RESCUES response

Fenland District Council to relax archaeological planning regulations - moreno - 25th June 2011

BAJR Wrote:@moreno Not sure that BAJR is not active. Indeed BAJR is doing what BAJR does best. AS it happens, the united front is just what is happening. What BAJRites do is up to them. But BAJR is acting and working hard. trust me. several BAJRites have done things - such as FOI requests and emails -

As another angle. people could join this Facebook page to keep up the pressure.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_163161013749820

Where BAJR is mentioned with it's variety of contributions. :face-approve:

Thanks, I'm involved with GPStones efforts and added a few of my own. I'm aware of the FOI request as well. My own fault for assuming the BAJR forum was a place where a collective effort to present a united front regarding issues facing archaeologists. My bad. Unbelievable.

Fenland District Council to relax archaeological planning regulations - BAJR - 26th June 2011

BAJR Fed is more a place for information and views to be aired and discussed by others, not everyone will agree with a specific .

I would say that in this case (except for one person ) There is agreement in action and agreement in the various responses.

BAJR is united with the other groups and their various aims. As such, each has its own strengths on how to react. All I will say is that as with what happens in normal BAJR life, this is being dealt with in the same manner. Which will mean that you normally don't hear or see what happened, only that something happened. As Cllr Melton is finding out. A ridiculous attach deserves a concerted defence .

Plus you get the bonus of being kept informed about all the other things that are happening. You won't get that anywhere else Wink

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/supportfensheritage

Keep together and keep the pressure up

Fenland District Council to relax archaeological planning regulations - deadlylampshade - 26th June 2011

Moreno - Just because it isn't on BAJR doesn't mean people aren't getting involved; and apart from the first RESCUE meeting months ago I have no idea what GPStone is up to. Perhaps if he used the Forum to share his ideas or even provide another link to where he is working he would get more support (if that is what you're commenting upon/after).

BAJR provides a focus and a discussion arena for lots of issues (for which I for one am very grateful) and I imagine co-ordinating BAJR-ites woud be akin to herding cats so Hosty is WELL out of that.

It's not a good time to be nit picky with others but a time to share and garner support for particular efforts. I don't have time for BAJR and Facebook (which I loathe) and lots of other websites. It's all here and I can follow other links as I choose.

So please, let's stop back biting and jockey-ing for position on who's done the most. If you care about archaeology THAT'S what it is about.

When we've saved it as a profession we can go back to the mess commercial archaeology is in later...

Fenland District Council to relax archaeological planning regulations - deadlylampshade - 26th June 2011

And another thing...on the petition link above, 100 people on facebook "like" the petition but only 85 have signed it so far...what's that about? There were more votes on whether the Ugly Sisters made fools of themselves at the Royal Wedding.

Pull your finger out peeps - surely 5000 signatures should be easy?

Apathy is a killer, you know!

Fenland District Council to relax archaeological planning regulations - moreno - 26th June 2011

deadlylampshade Wrote:Moreno - Just because it isn't on BAJR doesn't mean people aren't getting involved; and apart from the first RESCUE meeting months ago I have no idea what GPStone is up to. Perhaps if he used the Forum to share his ideas or even provide another link to where he is working he would get more support (if that is what you're commenting upon/after).

BAJR provides a focus and a discussion arena for lots of issues (for which I for one am very grateful) and I imagine co-ordinating BAJR-ites woud be akin to herding cats so Hosty is WELL out of that.

It's not a good time to be nit picky with others but a time to share and garner support for particular efforts. I don't have time for BAJR and Facebook (which I loathe) and lots of other websites. It's all here and I can follow other links as I choose.

So please, let's stop back biting and jockey-ing for position on who's done the most. If you care about archaeology THAT'S what it is about.

When we've saved it as a profession we can go back to the mess commercial archaeology is in later...

GPStone did post in "BAJR", so unless you actively frequent the forum, you missed it. As for lectures, I did my undergraduate courses years ago.:face-approve:

I read the report from the meeting thanks.

I also graduated a LONG time ago.

Let's put it aside and crack on, eh?

Fenland District Council to relax archaeological planning regulations - Relictor - 26th June 2011

BAJR Wrote:I would say that in this case (except for one person ) There is agreement in action and agreement in the various responses.

What! someone here actually supports Cllr Melton ? :face-huh:

Who? ........ I bet its "Rick the Resident Troll" Rolleyes