The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Engineer for Troll wanted - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Engineer for Troll wanted (/showthread.php?tid=4486)

Pages: 1 2

Engineer for Troll wanted - troll - 5th June 2012

Just been to see Prometheus in 3D. I want their kit! I want the survey kit and the dating kit! Build me that kit! Big Grin

Engineer for Troll wanted - CARTOON REALITY - 5th June 2012

Is there grant money available?

And what's the verdict, was the film any good?

Engineer for Troll wanted - kevin wooldridge - 6th June 2012

The laser scanning flying things are quite impressive although I couldn't quite work out how they synchronised with each other and a geodesic system...especially as in general members of the exploration party did not appear to possess either a GPS system or the concept of a GPS system amongst them 'We have been wandering around for hours and we're back to where we started' said the project survey co-ordinator just before being attacked by the worms.....As for the dating system.....piffle.

Engineer for Troll wanted - CARTOON REALITY - 6th June 2012

Quote:As for the dating system.....piffle.
What sort of dating was that? Speed dating? Blind dating? And how do the worms fit into a steady relationship?

But the question is did you enjoy the film? Is it worth my while parting with my dineros to go see it? I loved Alien and Aliens, but after that it was a bit of a dead loss. Then they brought in Predator and it went to the dogs.

Engineer for Troll wanted - P Prentice - 6th June 2012

duh brain - piffle = precision investigation for felatioid logistical elements - and if you dont believe me you can ask bodger

Engineer for Troll wanted - Dinosaur - 6th June 2012

How long till its all on TV?

Engineer for Troll wanted - CARTOON REALITY - 6th June 2012

Six foot two (approx.)

You should never sit too near a TV.

Engineer for Troll wanted - kevin wooldridge - 6th June 2012

I thought it was rubbish.....waste of money both in the making and watching. But I saw the 2D version cos I can't handle 3d specs so it might be better if monsters are bursting out at yer!!

Engineer for Troll wanted - troll - 6th June 2012

Greetings all!
Twas a film that managed to blend archaeology,theology, aliens, DNA, origins, space travel and other stuff into the mix. In no apparent order;

PRO`S
1. Made by Ridley Scott
2. It kept me out of the rain
3. Sexy archaeo-technology
4. Cool landscapes
5. Cool beasties

CON`S
1. Scott totally failed to use 3D to what could have been amazing effect
2. Scott basically re-jigged the Alien trilogy plot
3. He cast characters cloned from the original Alien films
4. The film totally lacked suspense
5. Sigourney Weaver in pants wasn`t in it
6. No-one shouted "get away from her you bitch"
7. There was no yellow forklift fighty-thing
8. No caustic snot
9. Too many poor attempts at being theologically profound
10. A naff plot
11. Spacecraft was clearly made from fairy bottles and airfix paint.
12. Bloke behind me kept farting

Engineer for Troll wanted - Kel - 6th June 2012

I saw it last night and enjoyed it as an accompaniment to my popcorn. It's best to watch it as a stand-alone film - don't expect it to be a recognisable part of the Alien franchise or to enliven any existing plot threads. Just look forward to some monsters, chasing about and a bit of gore. And must-have archaeological gadgets.

I was watching it with a film effects person-turned-director who gave it 10/10 for visuals, which is good enough for me. However another friend said "It looks like they ran out of ideas before they ran out of money." Style over substance possibly.

2-D for me as I don't see in 3-D anyway. I can imagine some of those bits being pretty good in 3-D when one's visual cortex is up to it.