The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Development next to the Prittlewell burial site - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Development next to the Prittlewell burial site (/showthread.php?tid=5118)

Pages: 1 2

Development next to the Prittlewell burial site - redexile - 28th October 2013

Just read a slightly odd article in a local paper saying that a development is taking place 'yards' away from the Prittlewell burial site, and that the only archaeological work that has been done (by Wessex) is three augur holes, which apparently is enough to say there's nothing there. While I suspect this is probably just a local journo getting hold of the wrong end of the stick, does anyone have any more info on this? Is it true?

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/10764341._/

Development next to the Prittlewell burial site - kevin wooldridge - 28th October 2013

It took me all of 2 minutes searching to find the publicly available geoarchaeological report that accompanied this planning application. Probably less time than redexile took to frame the original question to BAJR forums. Seems Wessex are the good guys here (as for the most part, they are anyway!!)[URL="http://publicedrms.southend.gov.uk/Planning/lg/dialog.page?Param=lg.Planning&org.apache.shale.dialog.DIALOG_NAME=gfplanningsearch&viewdocs=true&SDescription=13/00935/AD"]

http://publicedrms.southend.gov.uk/Planning/lg/dialog.page?Param=lg.Planning&org.apache.shale.dialog.DIALOG_NAME=gfplanningsearch&viewdocs=true&SDescription=13/00935/AD[/URL]

Development next to the Prittlewell burial site - redexile - 28th October 2013

Er.. thanks, well done you for being super-clever, give yourself a big hug, and thanks for reminding me why I rarely bother with this forum any more. I wasn't actually having a go at Wessex, just summarizing the 'facts' stated in the article. Seems it was the journo either missing out or being unaware of previous work then, which was basically all I was after.

Development next to the Prittlewell burial site - pdurdin - 29th October 2013

redexile Wrote:...and thanks for reminding me why I rarely bother with this forum any more...
How do you avoid a dangerously unhealthy bile deficiency??

Development next to the Prittlewell burial site - BAJR - 31st October 2013

To be fair to the Forum... the question was asked... the question was answered. to be fair to Redexile... it was answered with a sniff. and in fact, if was good to see teh question asked at all, so that others would see both teh question and answer.

To be fair to the forum again.. well... glad you do bother with here

:face-kiss:

Development next to the Prittlewell burial site - kevin wooldridge - 31st October 2013

BAJR Wrote:To be fair to the Forum... the question was asked... the question was answered. to be fair to Redexile... it was answered with a sniff....

I guess that is being polite to me....actually being sniffy wasn't my intention, but if the cap fits I'll take it.

My problem wasn't with the question per se, but with the manner it was asked. I know that Redexile has in previous posts spoke of their 30 odd years in the profession...much the same as me. I would imagine that someone with that amount of experience would know where publicly accessible information on the background to an excavation or evaluation was likely to be lodged and as I said a very quick search of the Southend council web-site led me to it in less than 2 minutes....repeating the 'libel' implied in the original article and mentioning the name of the unit involved, seemed to me to be just a little provocative. The question could have been asked in a more subtle manner.....and yes I agree it could have been answered in a more subtle manner as well.

So sorry all round for my part in this misadventure......mea culpa!!

Development next to the Prittlewell burial site - BAJR - 31st October 2013

as I say... to be fair to you... you actually answered the question Smile and that is why we loves you

and the reason the wessex bit stayed... was a) it was in the original article and was a not directly saying they were to blame... and b) you said "Wessex are the good guys here"

so we are all lovely apart from them bggrs that want to dig a hole in a Saxon King... sort of

Development next to the Prittlewell burial site - Kajemby - 1st November 2013

There was a WSI on the link given, but no geoarchaeological report.

Development next to the Prittlewell burial site - kevin wooldridge - 1st November 2013

Kajemby Wrote:There was a WSI on the link given, but no geoarchaeological report.

My apology- I meant that the WSI gave details of previous evaluation work carried out on the site. The WSI is the basis of course for the geoarchaeological mitigation works detailed in the officers report of Sept 2013....

Development next to the Prittlewell burial site - Kajemby - 1st November 2013

Apology accepted. Wink