The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
IfA to be abolished and replaced by...... - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: IfA to be abolished and replaced by...... (/showthread.php?tid=5226)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

IfA to be abolished and replaced by...... - Tool - 18th February 2014

Just re-read what I wrote. Doesn't half sound grumpy, doesn't it! But the I never could get the hang of Tuesdays... Wink

I guess there should be no surprises though. Every group, every committee I've ever had dealings with have displayed exactly the same failings. The battles I've had in the past on committees trying to drag the collective head out of the collective arse - it sends you mad in the end! There was a hope that the one concerning the profession I've grown to be rather fond of might be different. But of course it isn't.

And that you'll be pleased to know really is that. Maybe...

IfA to be abolished and replaced by...... - kevin wooldridge - 18th February 2014

...but I guess that at least those who object to the IfA on grounds of its inactvity, domination by the 'boss class', failure to monitor standards, failure to improve the lot of those at the bottom.... would at least be active members of trade unions striving to improve things from an alternative angle. Oh hang-on Trade union membership amongst archaeologists is even lower than membership of the IfA....who'd believe that eh.....

(for the record to go along with my 28 year membership of the IfA, I have been a trade unionist for 37 years)

IfA to be abolished and replaced by...... - Dinosaur - 19th February 2014

Wonder how many people on diggers' wages could afford all those subs....

IfA to be abolished and replaced by...... - kevin wooldridge - 19th February 2014

Dinosaur Wrote:Wonder how many people on diggers' wages could afford all those subs....
Some of us manage it....

IfA to be abolished and replaced by...... - sadie - 19th February 2014

IfA subs are an accepted professional fee by the Inland Revenue, even if you're PAYE you can have at least half the cost written off against your tax.

People always say stuff like that! Just cos you're avoiding paying tax on it doesn't mean the rest still doesn't come out of your pocket!

And Kevin - still just on digger wages? All those decades of IfA and Union membership don't seem to have got you far :face-crying:.....:o)

IfA to be abolished and replaced by...... - BAJR - 19th February 2014

[h=2]Applying for concessionary rates[/h] The process of application for concessionary subscription rates is very straightforward and involves providing a statement in writing (via post or email) and/or sending in a copy of your annual P60, Job Seekers allowance statement etc. This process has already been in place for a number of years with the previous subscription structure and has been taken up by members whose circumstances qualify.
You may want to apply for a concessionary rate for a number of reasons.

For example, you may be an Associate (AIfA) member of the Institute and expected to pay an annual fee of £150. But if you are employed in a post that has PIfA-level responsibility and pay, you would then be able to apply for a reduction in your subscription fee to the rate paid by a PIfA member (£110).

If you are earning less than the PIfA recommended minimum salary then you can apply for a further reduction to the PIfA concessionary rate of £67.

If you work part-time you would also be eligible for a concessionary rate if your income does not meet the relevant recommended scale - as outlined above you would need to provide details of your income.

The subscription rate for those who are not currently in employment will be £20.

IfA to be abolished and replaced by...... - kevin wooldridge - 19th February 2014

Dinosaur Wrote:And Kevin - still just on digger wages? All those decades of IfA and Union membership don't seem to have got you far :face-crying:.....:o)
Well except you don't know what I earn so how could you say that!

I admit I am now more a union member out of principle than through active involvement, but when I was more actively involved, I think I helped to make a difference. I still (surprisingly) get people thanking me for efforts we made to get compensation for archaeologists sacked in the Museum of London big clear out in the early 90s. And up to that point the union did a lot to raise the wages and conditions of archaeologists above the national average...We had archaeologists on £20,000 pa back in 1990...

BAJR Wrote:....The subscription rate for those who are not currently in employment will be £20.

But still costs, however you wrap it

IfA to be abolished and replaced by...... - Mike.T. - 19th February 2014

So, Kevin would you care to enlighten the doubting Thomas's here on how your 28 year IfA membership has actually benefitted you ?