The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Lost Roman Fort? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Lost Roman Fort? (/showthread.php?tid=544)

Pages: 1 2

Lost Roman Fort? - BAJR Host - 8th May 2007

CUCAP ??

"No job worth doing was ever done on time or under budget.."
Khufu

Lost Roman Fort? - voice of reason - 8th May 2007

Think St Joseph!

Cambridge University Collection of Aerial Photographs - go to http://venus.uflm.cam.ac.uk/

Lost Roman Fort? - tom wilson - 8th May 2007

Aha, nixed Mr Hosty with a cunning southern acronym eh VoR?
That's a schoolboy error where I come from, David.

freeburmarangers.org

surely it's in all Host's briefs for DBAs as a key AP resource? :face-huh:

Lost Roman Fort? - BAJR Host - 8th May 2007

Briefs... not me mate... I right specifications - I very seldom write full project briefs, expecting the contractor to come back with a full WSI,

however.. within the basic terms of reference for each element (I have sometiems found that colour of socks to be worn should be specified) the phrase - refer to all....... and available Aerial images... does appear.

trouble with the resource is you don't get the image as well.. or maybe I just ain't worked that out yet.!

Khufu

Sadly not online. Often specified, apparently seldom consulted, is my experience for CUCAP.

what colour socks by the way, just so we can get some in the store cupboard in case?

Lost Roman Fort? - BAJR Host - 9th May 2007

I have to confess of course that I normally just told people to look at the RCAHMS collection... so I have now logged this in my head.. will use it myself - though Midlothian is so small you could take a whole picture of the county with an polaroid, and stil have space round the edges (just kiddin!) - I have also aded it to the resource page. the things you learn!

ps... not only colour of socks, but please remember to put them on before the boots, and not after!... tskkkk my Specifications are going to get longer and longer

Khufu

Lost Roman Fort? - oldgirl - 9th May 2007

Apologies for having used a little known acronym! Thanks VoR for letting people know. They do have a good collection of verticals for many parts of England as well as the obliques, not sure about Scotland and Wales, but they are always worth checking in addition to the various NMRs. (National Monuments Records - Held at RCAHMS, RCAHMW and English Heritage.)

I'd thought of CUCAP because the format of the photo as shown had the look of a St Joseph (and therefore possibly 1950s), although that may just be the way it was cropped. Probably worth the original person checking the date it was taken to make sure it's not now under a housing estate/removed by a gravel quarry etc.......

Lost Roman Fort? - John Walford - 11th May 2007

If I could inject a note of pessimisim into this topic, I can't help noticing that the features within the putative fort look very much like field drains. These are often configured as a series of parallel drains running obliquely into a central collector drain, as seen on this AP. Of course this doesn't mean that the main cropmark feature isn't archaeological, but the fact that it has a common alignment with the apparent collector drain does make me a bit suspicious.

John

"Hidden wisdom and buried treasure, what use is there in either?" (Ecclesiasticus ch20 v30)