The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Have you used the ICE Conditions of Contract? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Have you used the ICE Conditions of Contract? (/showthread.php?tid=963)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Have you used the ICE Conditions of Contract? - Unitof1 - 18th August 2008

huge central paragraph...dialogue, inspired by Platos big book.

I suppose, I don’t really see what the construction industry has to do with archaeology.

I think that if you want a bridge building you need to get a permission first.

Have you used the ICE Conditions of Contract? - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 18th August 2008

Nicely put Oxbeast,I read the first couple of lines of that central part-got bored and skipped the rest.:face-confused:

Have you used the ICE Conditions of Contract? - 1man1desk - 19th August 2008

Posted by Unit of 1:
Quote:quote:I suppose, I don’t really see what the construction industry has to do with archaeology.
Well, I suppose that admission says it all about your understanding of the profession you work in.

The construction industry and its clients provide at least 90% of the money for archaeological work throughout the UK. Without the link to the construction industry, very few of us would have jobs (or the opportunity to work freelance, if you prefer).

Quote:quote:I think that if you want a bridge building you need to get a permission first.
Yup, and that is where the link between the construction industry and archaeology comes in - you have to pay for archaeological work under conditions of the planning permission.

1man1desk

to let, fully furnished

Have you used the ICE Conditions of Contract? - Sith - 19th August 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Unitof1

I suppose, I don’t really see what the construction industry has to do with archaeology.

Well, if you exclude the 90%(1) of archaeological work paid for through development of one sort or another, then I suppose the construction industry doesn't really have much to do with archaeology.

(1 - Like 87.6% of statistics, this was made up on the spot, however, it seems like a reasonable guess)

D. Vader
Senior Consultant

Vader Maull & Palpatine
Archaeological Consultants

Your lack of archaeological imagination disappoints me Curator

Have you used the ICE Conditions of Contract? - 1man1desk - 19th August 2008

OK, at this point I think we have established that Unit of 1 hasn't used the contract, doesn't like it and doesn't want to use it. That's up to him - no one is going to force him to sign it. At this point, I propose to stop responding to his posts or commenting on them, however great the provocation.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has any views on Sith's original question, rather than responses to Mr Unit.

1man1desk

to let, fully furnished

Have you used the ICE Conditions of Contract? - BAJR Host - 19th August 2008

For everyone else... please continue in an ever more enlightening subject and ignore the second part of this message

For Unit of One - who will hopefully respond to bright colours if not words.

[Image: banhammer-BAJRcopy.jpg] (with thanks to AA)

"I don't have an archaeological imagination.."
Borekickers

Have you used the ICE Conditions of Contract? - Austin Ainsworth - 19th August 2008

This is a fascinating thread and much can be learned from it, so please don't respond to any of Unit of One's wildly off-topic rants, it only encourages him.

Unit, keep it on-topic - do you really want to get banned again?

[Image: DontFeedTheTroll.jpg]

oh... my sides hurt!

Borekickers

Have you used the ICE Conditions of Contract? - drpeterwardle - 19th August 2008

I actually think UnitofOne has a point when he says:

"You might try to cheat me, isn’t that why we need a consultant."

I agree with that yes that why even on very small jobs a consultant and a contract is needed. As things stand anybody can set themselves up as an archaeologist without qualifications, competance and/or experience let alone insurance etc.

The cost of a one day watching brief is often disproportionate to the work and this is the kind of thing a consultant can sort out. Similarly in any watching brief situation there is the potential for it to turn into a much bigger project.

However the ICE contract is a bit formal for a small project so what I do is refer to it in the letter of instruction. ICE is clearly geared around the larger excavation projects and I would like to see versions for watching briefs and evaluations.

Peter

ah... you see, you deserve a medal, for wading through the mud to find the pearls... Smile

I would hope the Uo1 realises that by sticking to the point - by clearly putting over the point, he may actually get people reading his posts rather than shutting down all visual receptors.

I am not sure Uo1 loves consultants that much though, given previous posts...

I do however... to return to the topic... like the idea ery much of templated and formal contracts for smaller works .. very good idea indeed

Borekickers