Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automonous Surveying
Its been a few years since I posted anything here, and that's not due to lounging about on that unsearchable excuse for a forum called facebook.

This post is to see if there is any life here that may wish to input into the development of autonomous surveying. I wrote about doing this nearly 10 years ago did as much work on it at the time as I could, now it is possible to build the equipment that can survey at 8cm accuracy, and at a low cost. There have been many advances in that 10 years eg. battery capacity up size more than halved. Motor power sky high size halved. Software free, power of, unbelievable.

I spent 20 years doing survey work in the construction and mining industry, not in the field of Archaeology, so what are your needs and requirements?
Much has changed indeed.. Sadly so has here. So less likely to see many folk here. Times change. Anyway... I agree.. having my own system and CAA licence. Survey is impressive now .. I even carried out a comparative test ... tst survey and sua survey both with and without fixed ground points.
(7th May 2017, 11:32 AM)BAJR Wrote: Much has changed indeed.. Sadly so has here.   So less likely to see many folk here.   Times change.    Anyway... I agree.. having my own system and CAA licence.   Survey is impressive now .. I even carried out a comparative test ...  tst survey and sua survey both with and without fixed ground points.

Hello, you will have to remind me who you are, I think your based in Scotland?
"tst" and "sua" ?
The CAA licence is for a drone I guess?

Can you give me an idea on how the data is collected, do you use just cameras?
What do you do with the data afterwards?

Do you do any GIS predictive modelling?

If you remember what I was looking at was shallow water surveys, I still am.
Back from Holiday... and I am BAJR

Who I am... David Connolly
I am in SCotland
Total Station and Drone
Camera and Total Station points
Create topographic models
Nope
shallow water surveys... out of my scope Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GOOD HOUSEKEEPING FOR ARCHAEOLOGISTS No. 2 PLANNING/SURVEYING BAJR 5 1,235 8th May 2012, 07:29 PM
Last Post: kevin wooldridge
  Surveying Question Richard 10 1,819 6th August 2007, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Sith
  gps surveying deepdigger 3 1,088 7th June 2005, 01:04 AM
Last Post: deepdigger