The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1938 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1938 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 837 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 660 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 784 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 784 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyviewownthreads" - Line: 1081 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1081 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excavating Rita
Have had a look at Excavating Rita... by Richard Herring

I saw it at the Edinburgh festival a few years back... pant wettingly funny.. and horrible to watch, as you can't help but see yourself in one of the characters... (not saying which one I was)

this little teaser..

Quote:quote:MIKE (the Supervisor)
(TRYING TO HIDE ANNOYANCE AND APPEAR LIKE A FUN GUY) All right, all right. We#8217;ve all had a bit of a laugh there, (HE INDICATES THAT THEY SHOULD GET BACK TO WORK) but my point stands. Archaeology isn#8217;t exciting, it#8217;s a pain-staking, fastidious discipline and to be frank, it can be rather monotonous, boring even. There#8217;s every chance that we may not find a thing.

EMMA
Sell it Mike.

MIKE
Of course that doesn#8217;t make archaeologists boring. Quite the opposite. As you may have noticed from the banter, you don#8217;t have to be mad to work here..#8230;

EMMA
In fact serious mental illness will probably result in your immediate dismissal.

MIKE
No, it#8217;s #8220;but it helps actually... er.. #8221;

go on and treat yourself to the whole script...

http://www.richardherring.com/archive/do...pt&p=6&f=4

"No job worth doing was ever done on time or under budget.."
Khufu
For really I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live, as the greatest he
Thomas Rainborough 1647
O dear, it's disturbingly well observed isn't it? Very funny but uncomfortable reading. Not sure I like being parodied realisticly.[:I]
I'm only on page 17 (out of 136), but it's acurate to the point of being spooky (I had a look at his website and I can't find a mention in his bio of being a digger).

This bit's a classic: (they're talking about "If you pay peanuts...")

You can never hope to employ people with nut allergies.. You'd have to pay them in crisps! And then some of the people who aren't actually allergic to nuts will say they would prefer crisps to peanuts. And someone's bound to push their luck and ask for a luxury crisp, like Scampi Fries or Cheesy Moments. It'd be anarchy. Best just to pay in money. Then people can buy the snack of their choice.
I liked the anglo saxon straw cars.....
As far as I know he indeed was an archaeologist ...

I will get in touch with him..

does anyone know if this play is still be done? and if not WHY NOT!

ps... he wrote a classic letter into the Guardian today... claiming ownership of a joke..

"
Quote:quote:Sandi Toksvig says she doesn't know who came up with the solution to the Israel/Palestine situation that involves getting one side to draw in the border and the other side to choose which half they want (Just one question, G2, May 27). Well I believe it was me. That was certainly the joke I wrote for the stage version of Grumpy Old Women. You never know, it might get implemented as an actual policy and bring peace to the region. I'd very much like the world to know that I was responsible for the idea! If anyone else claims that they came up with the joke too, maybe one of us could draw a line through the joke and the other one choose which part of it we want to take credit for.
Richard Herring

Big Grin

Khufu
message in from Richard Herring:

Hey David
The play has only been put on by me in Edinburgh that year and one other amateur company in Scotland. I have tried to get it on in the west end and the TV a couple of times, but no luck so far. But very glad to hear it resonates with genuine diggers.

I did a couple of digs in my year off and briefly visited another when I was writing the play, but don't think I can really classify myself as a digger, though might be persuaded to have another crack some time, though would need to relearn the ropes!

But very pleased your forum approves!
R

Khufu
Cool!

Send him one of the free trowels Smile
Shall we...?

Soft handled or wood?

[:p]

Khufu
I think "Fist of Fun" was my all time fave show when I was fresh off the boat mid 90's and probably didn't quite "get" English culture.Big Grin

Definitely give him a trowel. Hell, give him an award entitled "For the most accurate portrayal of archaeology in popular media":face-approve:

Bet there aren't many nominees for that category.
Looks like we have a winner!

:face-thinks:

I'll send him the award..

The non-silver -trowel!

with best wishes from BAJRites

Khufu