The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
What's going on folks? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: What's going on folks? (/showthread.php?tid=2086)

Pages: 1 2 3

What's going on folks? - Pedant - 9th December 2005

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Post-Med Potterer

Beer Beast is one of the best field archaeologists it has ever been my previledge to work on site with. He is one of very few people who actually understands Harris rather than merely pretending to.

So he knows what he is talking about and you would do well to listen.

Seconded. When playing Fantasy League Archaeology, he is someone you want on your team.[8D]

You can always tell a Brummie... but you can't tell him much

What's going on folks? - achingknees - 9th December 2005

and back to the original question - what the f*** IS going on? This thread seems to be all over the place. I read most posts but there are all sorts of nods, winks and oblique references, so much so that I'm lost. And what with all the OTT sycophantic stuff?!?

The tenor of the anecdotes is also puzzling/worrying me. 5 mile loo hauls. what?!? Johnny Sicknote might have earned his moniker, but anybody having concerns about Weills disease in rat-infested environments seems very sensible to me. Perhaps I'm reading too much between the lines, but from here it smacks of old school macho crap. Please let me be wrong :face-confused:

What's going on folks? - Pedant - 9th December 2005

Achingknees

Sorry this seems to have turned into a bit of fun. Beer beast is well known to some of us and we know he can take some teasing! As for the Weills disease comments, the person in question did not become potentially infected while working for the unit in question, but in a dig house elsewhere, where it was suspected rats were getting into the cold water tank. Everyone took it very seriously, and he had lots of tests done, but I don't recall whether the results were conclusive. Nobody on this thread is having a joke about Weills disease, trust me. We are just responding to some comments about a well-known character. I will now hang my head in shame, and never attempt levity again. B)

You can always tell a Brummie... but you can't tell him much

What's going on folks? - Post-Med Potterer - 9th December 2005

I'm sure they thought they were hard done by scraping snow! Of course I remember repeatedly [u]shovelling</u> snow off site in sunny Doncaster on more than one occasion... twelve years ago now, blimey. Of course we had proper weather in them days.

In light of that I think the Barrow-ers had it pretty easy. You had fun up there too if I recall. This years' MA students worked bloody hard and were less stoned than the lot you had.

To aching-knees - I think all that with the portaloo was a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away. I remember an excavation with one portaloo and one tap between 64 people. Oh and before that another occasion where a sheep drank the elsan fluid - next morning a dead sheep with blue lips!

To aching-knees - I think all that with the portaloo was a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away. I remember an excavation with one portaloo and one tap between 64 people.

cue mention of the Monty Python Yorkshiremen sketch.

eeee... we were so poor we had to share a trowel between the ten of us.... Smile

What's going on folks? - garybrun - 9th December 2005

Luxury.... real luxury.
We lived in a trench and sucked gravel.... and sharpened our knives on the doorstep so the neighbours thought we were having meat.Big Grin

http://www.ukdfd.co.uk
Recording OUR heritage for future generations.

What's going on folks? - BAJR Host - 9th December 2005

Aye... we is back to normal/.... bewildered and confused...

Certainly hope that Beer has some paper up his sleeve for the conference. Smile

Group Hugs All round

Another day another WSI?

What's going on folks? - Post-Med Potterer - 9th December 2005

You were lucky to have a trench, we had to live in an unshored test pit. Trowel? We had to use our teeth to clean the section.

What's going on folks? - Cautionary Tale - 9th December 2005

Test pit? Would've been like a palace to us. We had to burrow through using our eyelids so as not to damage any archaeology...

Haec olim meminisse iuvabit

You were lucky to have a trench, we had to live in an unshored test pit. Trowel? We had to use our teeth to clean the section.

You had teeth?!? Pah, ours were surgically extracted and sold to the dental technician to get money to buy our trowel.