The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
"role is fulfilled by the IFA..." - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: "role is fulfilled by the IFA..." (/showthread.php?tid=2110)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

"role is fulfilled by the IFA..." - monitor lizard - 26th January 2006

Well, until the IFA puts out a statement saying what they expect the standards of curatorial RAO group to be, who will do the vetting, etc, I wouldn't go near this one. Signing up to anything without reading the small print is foolhardy - and in this instance I don't think the small print even exists yet.

ML

"role is fulfilled by the IFA..." - Tile man - 26th January 2006

TYhe standards expected of a curatorial RAO would be the same for any other RAO - those of the IFA. I expect a lot of detailed discussion would go on for the first curatorial body to follow such a route, but as I said the best people to ask are the RAO committee. What a curatorial SIG actually did would be up to its constituent members, but the topics coverd by this thread suggests to me that it would be useful.

"role is fulfilled by the IFA..." - 1man1desk - 13th February 2006

Going back a bit in this discussion to the question about obtaining references from curators for candidate RAOs - how could you ensure fairness?

There are still county-council owned units around that share their senior management with the local curatorial body. I know one where the county archaeologist is also the line-manager of the unit head. Some of them actively discourage the involvement of other units in their territory, where they can. There is therefore a significant risk that you would get biased references - in favour of their own unit, and against competing units.

1man1desk

to let, fully furnished

"role is fulfilled by the IFA..." - Curator Kid - 13th February 2006

Quote:quote:Originally posted by 1man1desk

Going back a bit in this discussion to the question about obtaining references from curators for candidate RAOs - how could you ensure fairness?

There are still county-council owned units around that share their senior management with the local curatorial body. I know one where the county archaeologist is also the line-manager of the unit head. Some of them actively discourage the involvement of other units in their territory, where they can. There is therefore a significant risk that you would get biased references - in favour of their own unit, and against competing units.

Well you wouldn't ask the local Curator from such a set up to start with anyway, but from somewhere else the unit had worked. Ideally, such units should fall foul of the IFA "conflict of interest" criteria in the RAO application, and fail to be registered. I'd like to see this happen too - curatorial services have no business being located with contracting units.

"role is fulfilled by the IFA..." - BAJR Host - 13th February 2006

Thats sorted that problem ...

so it looks like a good idea gets better.

Another day another WSI?

"role is fulfilled by the IFA..." - Beardstroker - 14th February 2006

Quote:quote:Originally posted by 1man1desk

1man1desk

to let, fully furnished

Well, I work for one of those local authority units(possibly THE one of which you speak) and I can assure you there is NO active discouragement of other units working in our county.

There are times when we wish there could be, one unit in particular comes to mind, whose reputation is well known on these boardsBig Grin but thats just my personal opinion, certainly not any kind of official policy.

"role is fulfilled by the IFA..." - 1man1desk - 14th February 2006

Posted by Beardstroker:
Quote:quote:Well, I work for one of those local authority units(possibly THE one of which you speak) and I can assure you there is NO active discouragement of other units working in our county.
I don't know where you are, obviously, but I have dealt with curators in a couple of counties where this has happened. I may be out of date, though, because the last time I did relevant work in either county was three or four years ago.

1man1desk

to let, fully furnished